- Left-click (in Production Window): Picks up any unit that is there, and holds it in your cursor.
- Left-click (in Battle window): Selects the object on which you clicked, showing the health bar, if appropriate.
- Left-click (While holding the unit in the cursor): Places (or attempts to place) that unit.
- Left-Click (in Mini Map): Centers the main view on the spot where you clicked. If you click, hold, and drag, you can quick-scroll around the entire sky-battlefield.
- Right-click (in the Battle or Production window): brings up an options box, showing options for the selected object, including an About option which gives detailed information on the object.
- Right -click (while holding a unit in the cursor): Rotates the unit, if it is a bridge or single-directional Battle Unit, such as the Thunder Cannon, Wind Tower or Crossbow.
NOTE:If you have a Microsoft Intellimouse pressing the center wheel button will scroll the screen toward the mouse cursor.
- Alt: Scrolls the screen towards the mouse cursor.
- Esc: Toggles the Menu on and off.
- Shift: Allows you to scroll in a straight Horizontal or vertical line (Alt-shift in a window mode)
- Shift-left-click: Allows you to select multiple transports.
- Shift-1 through 0: saves the current screen position to the particular number.
- 1 through 0: Centres
- Tab: Cycles through the last 5 units create (not bridges), centering the view on each one.
- F1: General Help.
- F2: Hides Buildings and Geysers, so you can see behind them (toggle)(useful if your priest builds something in from of himself).
- F3: Shows the chat window (toggle).
- F4: (or H) Centres the view on your home temple.
- F5 (or P): Centres the view on your High Priest.
- F6: Shows the current knowledge which you have acquired .
- F7: Toggles the artwork that denotes ownership over the isles.
- F8: Displays current mission objectives.
- F9: Displays a list of players in the current game.
- Shift-F9 or Pause: Pauses the game.
- Ctrl-F5 ( or N): Cycles through all of your transports, selecting (left-clicking) each as it goes through.
- Q, W, A, and S: Equivalent to picking up the bridge piece from the corresponding position (to the letters' keyboard position) in the production window. Add Z and X for six-slot multiplayer games.